threaded hollow rod - banana plug female coupler

A while ago someone was looking for a source of hollow threaded rod.

One source suggested was recycling a presta valve stem off a dead bike inner tube. (or a new one if you don't ride on rough roads)

This item is about an inch long, with a ~4mm inner diameter.

I was looking for a banana plug coupler today and found these to serve. They'll even fit into HV shrouded banana plug shells - which was the particular application here.

The threading was not an issue, but could be used for rt angle or PCB mounting. Material is easily machined nickel-plated brass.

Save the tube material for patches or other uses

- spanner handle grips - rubber bands (cut on bias for length. etc.

re threaded hollow rod - a more rugged part can be had using a bike axle from a quick- release assembly. These are tempered steel with threading extending for most of their length (~5inches or so).

Wouldn't have thought of axles if I hadn't broken one (after 30+ years). Unbroken axles are more easy to get ahold of, of course.

RL

Reply to
legg

McMaster-Carr:

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

HH Smith 187?

Or the Amazon chinese equivalents.

I was trying to couple together probes and tips from different sources, as well as making my own tips.

All those fancy attachments that come with one probe seldom have same gender/mating regime.

RL

Reply to
legg

All very nice, if you don't need it today, before 2pm.

RL

Reply to
legg

How did you guess? Fabbed 'tips' were banana posts leading out to flexible wires and the female square posts that microclips couple to. These were for a diff probe that came with a bunch of attachments meant to clip onto flying shrouded male bananas.

I expect the OEM hardware was configured that way just to be ornery.

No problem attaching any kind of wire lead you might want to a male banana plug.

Reply to
legg

(Potentially great band name there.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

"Lamp rod" is a threaded tube, usually brass, to get power cables through something and support a lamp fitting. At your electrician's supplier.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Several ! :-))...

"Fabbed Tips' "The (Female) Square Posts" "Flying Shrouded Male Bananas"

Reply to
Chris