The Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer

Interesting article about Canadian engineering graduate ceremony.

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I wonder if the Hymn of Breaking Strain is part of the ceremony.

JosephKK

Not to worry. There's too few real engineers lurking here to make it worth thinking about :-( ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
           Only as good as the person behind the wheel.

I prefer songs by Fear Factory. Take for example, Strain vs. = Resistance, or Self Bias Resistor.

Tim

--=20 Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk. Website:

Tim Williams

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I've noticed the wimminfolks seem to be rather aware of the significance of the iron or SS engineering ring.

The building at Univ. of Toronto named after old Prof. Haultain used to contain a small fission reactor (right in the center of the city and a few blocks from hospital row), but they recently decommissioned it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thank you for the much better link.

Reply to
JosephKK

Self Bias Resistor.

I tried to take a look at their website, it is all crippled up with flash and garbage scripts.

Reply to
JosephKK