The next project

I received the metal gear servos. These are more accurate, cheaper too.

There was still some wobble left.

Tried loading with some weight first, that reduced the wobble

So I removed the counter weight altogether, and that causes a preload.

These new servos cannot be moved by the weight of the unbalanced yagi, Servo current that way stays at 70 mA with occasionally a few hundred mA.

That part of the project is now a go.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Looks neat! I might have tried finding the center of mass for the antenna and made a mount for that point rather than counter balance the antenna. Would be much less mass and less bouncing. Understanding you wouldn't want to interfere with antenna operation. One sight I enjoy is >

< Gives satelite times, star maps to locate, and much more. To get it set for your position, you need to register and put in your long and lat, but it is no big deal. My son and I once saw the ISS and the shuttle shortly after undocking, tracking each other across the sky. Cool stuff.

Reply to
amdx