Telephone Timer

I was wondering if anyone had a simple circuit for the typical teenager which does not realize how long he is on the phone.

Basically once a number is dialled the timer starts timing and after eg.

29min beeps once then after 30min drops the call ..... Something like that ???

If anyone's got any ideas I am keen to hear them ... Thanks.

Regards, Sean J

Reply to
Sean J

This sounds like a Big Brother device. Generally the best thing for a teenager is parental supervision. The problem with most teenagers these days is that they are on a cell phone all the time. I would imagine if you looked through enough cell phone models you could find one with calling limits. For the home phone you could design something fairly easily that detects time off the hook - no reason to time from the actual time the call went through. Just remember that if you also use the phone it's going to hang up on your mother-in-law when your wife uses it :)

Reply to
gabor
[snip]

Don't you call that a feature ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

No, unless it only disconnects YOUR end of the line and blast the old lady with a freon air horn, then disconnects from the line. A second useful feature would be a manual disconnect button, for those idiots who ignore the 'Do not call' list.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When kid makes call, set kitchen timer to 29 minutes. When timer times out, go to kid's room, inform kid, "Ohe Minute To Go." Return to kitchen, set timer to 1 min. When timer times out, go to kid's room, say, "Time's up", and if the kid doesn't comply, take the telephone away.

This is called "parenting".

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria