Tektronix 7000 series power supply, sluggish start

Somewhere in my past posts I posted a photo (can't find the post now, though I do have the photo) of my father up a very high ladder (2-stories up) changing an outdoor light fixture (at age 89). He died a year later... no fall... he died from an infection contracted in the hospital after a mild stroke :-( ...Jim Thompson

Wow! Ours isn't quite as big but almost (whole north side of the house). I never really understood why master bedrooms have to be that huge. Sometimes I wondered whether I could swap and put the office and lab in there but I guess that wouldn't fly with SWMBO :-)

I think the counters and the glass table would need a major clean-up. My wife would have a hissy fit if I left the kitchen that cluttered.

Those high ceilings were never my kind of thing. Reminds me too much of old hospital rooms in Europe. But in your case the top ledge makes it look nice. Wood be the perfect spot to store file boxes, boat anchor scopes and such :-)

Here's half of our kitchen:

The other half is double-oven, lots of deep cabinets, fridge, pantry, table with chairs and so on.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I like open spaces. Plus double sinks, shower AND spa tub take up space ;-)

In Arizona high ceilings make for easier cooling.

Photo shot was from top of Christmas tree while I was up there trimming.

So major prep was underway for our coming 20+ Christmas eve dinner crowd ;-)

All that "mess" did disappear by the next day.

Looks good to me.

If you follow the line of sight from the chandelier chain to the cabinetry...

the oak facing hides the fact that there's separate Sub Zero freezer and refrigerator units there.

SWMBO bluffed the builder into providing those or "we'd buy elsewhere" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[...]

We had something like that in Germany, the fronts were matching the kitchen cabinets. Now we've got one of those huge All-American fridge/freezers with icemaker and water. Plus a chest freezer downstairs.

I like open spaces, too, except in offices. Since the advent of this glorious VoIP (on the other side, I will not touch that) phone calls occasionally get to be as difficult as overseas calls 30+ years ago. Got to close the door then, otherwise they remain all open.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hi Phil,

Any chance you'd like to upgrade your TDS744A to a 1GHz 4GS/s TDS784A? If it doesn't already have it, option 1M (deeper ACQ memory) could also be added.

(Yes, I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread...)

Reply to
JW

Maybe. The '744's screen is pretty dim at this point. I did buy a very nice TDS 694C and a bunch of FET probes in the interim, but a 1M input option is convenient.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I sent you an email. I may be able to tweak the CRT a bit as well so you'd get a few thousand more hours out if it, depending on just how dim is is...

Reply to
JW