Taxpayer dollars down a black hole

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:05:47 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote :

reveal the total hypocrisy of the anti-Obama crowd using the HealthCare.go v fiasco as some kind of pivotal event. The story talks about the AirForce dumping a $2B accounting program that was too messed up to salvage, and tha t is not a projected $2B, that is after actually spending $2B on it. And th at's just one case, there are hundreds of others.

That attitude explains why it's as bad as it is. If you want generalities t hen try this one: if they can't perform the function, abolish it. This mean s the DoD are fired and general authority is given to GAO to run their acco unts. That would free up $100B in the first year alone, gets them a head st art on their phony sequester cutbacks. If they keep acting up, there are ma ny more functions that can be taken from them too. DoD has way too many bur eaucrats living on easy street because of Congressional mandates, the house needs to be cleaned, it won't be that difficult.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:54:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

te:

y:

ls reveal the total hypocrisy of the anti-Obama crowd using the HealthCare. gov fiasco as some kind of pivotal event. The story talks about the AirForc e dumping a $2B accounting program that was too messed up to salvage, and t hat is not a projected $2B, that is after actually spending $2B on it. And that's just one case, there are hundreds of others.

then try this one: if they can't perform the function, abolish it. This me ans the DoD are fired and general authority is given to GAO to run their ac counts. That would free up $100B in the first year alone, gets them a head start on their phony sequester cutbacks. If they keep acting up, there are many more functions that can be taken from them too. DoD has way too many b ureaucrats living on easy street because of Congressional mandates, the hou se needs to be cleaned, it won't be that difficult.

Actually I think it's your attitude that explains why it's as bad as it is and soon to get a lot worse (with no disrespect intended).

The federales are doing far too much, waayyy beyond their competence or ability to handle, and on the one hand you're surprised there's rot everywhere, but at the same time you argue they should further empowered as absolute rulers.

Obamacare and the new SCOTUS decision say the federal government can now make you do *anything* they want, access *all* your most private information, supervise and control your finances, and your body.

You're too stupid, you're not trustworthy, and you might make the wrong choice. So we'll make a website to handle it for you...

That's a fine lot to have in control of all those things.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Typical TeaParty ploy to confuse the issue...the point is the political authorities need to figure out how to get the government working, not efficiently or super-intelligently or anything delusionally spectacular, just plain minimal standards working.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Before we discuss what should be done in regard to the DoD, bloggs, shouldn't we at least know for sure where you are? You said before that you're not anti-military but immediately contradicted yourself by making statements hostile to military. Shouldn't we make absolutely certain that you are not posting to usenet from North Korea, Iran or some other state that is virulently hostile to the USA?

Reply to
Greegor

--

Do you admit to your exact species of liberalism, bloggs?

Your virulent hatred of the TeaParty people gives away a huge clue.
Reply to
Greegor

You mean like, um, California?

Reply to
krw

Nah- you're confusing me with "Miso"

Yeah right, like they're dumb enough to waste their time posting to this newsgroup.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

But you've cited a typical example that they can't and don't. That's the nature of the beast. And it's why less is more.

So, you cite two standard examples of utter incompetence, yet you want more, and I'm the problem. Gotcha.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

G > You said before that you're not anti-military G > but immediately contradicted yourself by G > making statements hostile to military. bloggs > Nah- you're confusing me with "Miso" Oh, sorry! LOL G > Shouldn't we make absolutely certain that you G > are not posting to usenet from North Korea, G > Iran or some other state that is virulently G > hostile to the USA? bloggs > Yeah right, like they're dumb enough bloggs > to waste their time posting to this newsgroup. Whereas you are smarter? What species of liberal are you exactly?

Reply to
Greegor

I think he qualifies as an ordinary non-supporter of the Tea Party - which is to say, sane.

Pointing out that the Tea Party wants to abolish government and hasn't got a clue what to put in it's place isn't evidence for "virulent hatred". Rational contempt, perhaps, but it's shared by everybody not dim enough to fall for the Tea Party's nonsense.

Do you believe that a woman can't get pregnant by rape - as one Tea Party stalwart was insisting during the last Presidential election?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rote:

rote:

e government working,

The example given is of them not yet getting their web-site working properl y. That doesn't actually mean that they can't eventually get it working - t hough your ideology makes you insist that they can't and thus won't.

Expecting that they aren't are going to make it isn't proving that they can 't or won't, so this isn't the kind of example that you claim that it is.

More typical Tea Party propaganda, in other words.

That's your opinion of the nature of the beast, and that's why you think th at less is more. It's all total nonsense, fabricated out of your political delusions.

ular, just plain minimal standards working.

re, and I'm the problem. Gotcha.

Government, like every other example of human cooperation, screws up from t ime to time, and - like every other example of human collaboration, usually works out how to do whatever it was rther more efficiently on the second o r third attempt.

The label "government" doesn't have any magical properties, either way, and your enthusiastic claim that government can't do anything is exactly as st upid as the Soviet claim that it ought to do everything. In both cases it l eads to the local equivalent of the Maffia running the place, because natur e abhors the kind of power vacuum that kind of moronic thinking sets up.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If Greegor were a little brighter, he'd realise that Fred was explicitly denying being smarter - he made the claim in a post to this user group.

Obviously, one that's cleverer than Greegor - but what isn't?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to