Supertex LND250

Cool part. I just ploted the transfer curve. Anybody want it?

John

Isn't that one a bit long in the tooth? Do they still make the K1 version of it?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

K1 is the SOT-23. Long of tooth? 2N3904 is a lot older, and plenty of people still use it.

Cheap 500 volt depletion fets can be very handy. I wonder why so few people make depletion mosfets.

But it is badly characterized, which is why I've been making measurements.

John

IIRC the datasheet said not for new designs or something.

Clare does, around 30 cents a pop:

Most people only use them for mundane jobs such as under/overvoltage handling. Let's face it, us analog dudes are a small minority and often not high on the pecking order when it comes to component data. More than once have I heard the response "Why do you need to know that?"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, that's new. But the LND150 looks essentially identical. It has better data than the 250, but still not enough.

Interesting. SOT89 is the smallest package, and Idss's are a lot higher.

We went to use them as 2-terminal current limiters, with a source resistor to set the current, up to 80 volts maybe. They are ideal for that.

They're also really nice for overload protectors on analog inputs, stuff like that.

John