Sub Audio Frequency Doubler

"Nico Coesel"

** The answer is an analogue pitch shifter that adds a fixed frequency ( say 30Hz) to the signal coming from the hydrophone. Whale noises previously in the *sub-sonic* range on will then appear in the easily audible range.

All other noises, from whales or *whatever*, that the hydrophone receives in the audible range from a few hundred Hertz up will be heard just as usual.

The other solutions do NOT offer the latter HUGE advantage.

Pitch shifting, time altering and modulation methods are all inappropriate for this app.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

Correction.

** The answer is an analogue frequency shifter....

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Anyone as an schematics of a simple Analogue Frequency Shifter?

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

Run the signal and the offset frequency into a double balanced mixer, like an MC1496. Pass the output through a high pass filter to remove the lower sideband. Al;so, a low pass filter to eliminate harmonics. You might try something like 100 Hz offset.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

"Jacques St-Pierre"

** See "Electronics Australia" magazine, August 1997

"Audio Frequency Shifter" by Phil Allison.

Covers the band from 20 Hz to 20 KHz with a 4.5 Hz up-shift.

Will require some component value changes for your app.

A PCB is available from:

Code number: 97AFS8

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Tam/WB2TT"

** Utter madness.

Forget it.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I disagree. It sound like a workable method.

Hold off on the crap and plainly tell us what about it is madness. That is, put up or shut up for a change.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Don Bowey"

** So says another pig ignorant f****it "ham" who has no clue what a "linear modulator" is.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Elektor magazine, couple of years ago. Complete with PCB. Just change a couple caps in local oscillator (perhaps it was done with xtal, don't remember). It was made for eavesdropping of bats (ultrasound).

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep

"SioL" <

** Not even in the ball park.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Do you have a schematics somewhere I can look at?

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

"Jacques St-Pierre"

** Yes - in my own files of course .

But would you be any better of if you saw them ??

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hey, Phil Bob,

Was this something you built to help you make funny noises on your CB.

10-4 or whatever!
Reply to
Don Bowey

Sorry, but I am not familliar with "Audio Frequency Shifting". I look to find any exemple without any luck. I found device to do that, or place to buy schematics, but nothing to let me know to to do it. Can you suggest any IC to do that? So I can get manufacturer sugested design exemple.

Bye Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

I don't get your point. I have used the 1496 in such circuits, and they worked just fine. In fact I used one to generate an SSB signsl at 6 - 6.5 MHz using the phasing method. Maybe you want to design this guy a 90 degree phase shift network that will be flat from 5 Hz to 50 Hz.

Tam

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Fred's point is at the top of his head.

He doesn't hang around to explain his opinion, because he doesn't know anything in enough detail. So he attempts to insult and runs.

His favorite, persistent thought is Duh?

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Tam/WB2TT"

** Cos you are a thick as a brick ham.

** Irrelevant.
** Irrelevant.

** I designed and published an "outphaser" covering from 20 Hz to 20 KHz within +/- 2 degrees - as part of the Audio Frequency Shifter project mentioned in another post.

It is a quite straight forward task.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Jacques St-Pierre"

** The info has been posted by me here - it is further down this page too.

Kindly answer my question.

Can YOU read and comprehend schematics ?

BTW 1

If you buy the PCB - simply ask and a copy of my article will be included.

Just how much spoon feeding do you need?

BTW 2

Do not f****ng TOP POST !!!!!!

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This sounds like a typical feed-back killer to me. Are you sure you can modify your circuit to convert 20 Hz to say 500 Hz?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

"Nico Coesel"

** Yes - its purpose is an acoustic feedback stabiliser.
** Who needs to do any such damn silly thing ?

Are you a professional PITA f****it - Nico ??

Or just a keen amateur.

...... Phil

Reply to