Strange waveform

So how about this waveform then? ftp://panteltje.com/pub/strange_waveform_img_1885.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's a transcendental non-causal waveform with an obfuscation coefficient and falls under "special cases". Even mechanical engineers can enjoy such effects, in hardware:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Tin Whiskers?

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Ha! Wish I knew German though :(

Tim

-- Deep Friar: a very philos>> So how about this waveform then?

Reply to
Tim Williams

Most are pretty self-explanatory. For example, the first one (DIN875) is to be used if you drilled and tapped in the wrong place, DIN878 if you drill didn't go in quite plumb, DIN881 if the drill was too large, etc.

DIN886 is interesting because it fits three different wrench sizes :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"For holes offset from each other" "When there isn't room to one side for the bolt head" "For over-drilled holes" "For diagonal holes" "For holes countersunk on the wrong side"

etc.

Pretty much what the pictures say!

Löcher is a hole. Platz is a spot or place. Schrauben is a screw and since kopf means head, Schraubenkopf means a screwhead. falschen means wrong/false. Gross or grosse means big, large, etc. Seite means page (if talking about books) or side. Auf means on, so auf der falschen Seite means 'on the wrong side.' Winkel is an angle and fehler is an error so winkelfehler is an angular error. Teleskop should be obvious, zwei means two and since "Die Zwei ist Zweifel" it must be the case that zweifel means doubt! So the telecoping screw is for cases where the length is in doubt....

Maybe Jörg will translate them for you. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Those are funny!

I've seen DIN 877 in some German made equipment, what does that say???

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

You've got a chip in there made by Tetris. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Hills.JPG

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Spiral.jpg

John

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:15:06 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Yes, those screws come in handy :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:49:51 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:52:21 -0400) it happened "Martin Riddle" wrote in :

Na, programming test, the cursor moves but leaves a trace. So when moving it about I though of that old Pacman game. Plenty of RAM and code space left to do a Pacman I think :) Have to add the sound for the sirens too.

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:45:40 -0400) it happened ehsjr wrote in :

Exactly!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The back tracks appear to double in size as the thing goes along.

At some point it will go back in time to before the big bang. The result of that would be the end of the universe.

Another theory is that it is just some sort of a bit order error, in which case, it can be left on an nothing will happen.

This makes a very simple trouble shooting method. Just leave it on and check for the continued existence of the universe.

Reply to
MooseFET

It says "for holes that have been counter-sunk too much".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Nice. How did you do those?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You might be laughing, but those are for real:

Those bolts are intended to prevent the theft of the car wheels.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

I've heard of those. Also about drivers in Moscow using only one windshield wiper which is only mounted when it rains and taken off when the car is parked. Else it could be gone the next morning.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On previous cars that didn't park the wipers under a sunshade, I've done just that, to preserve the blade from the sun drying it out.

Particularly early Toyota's, lifting the wiper up to 90° loosened the tension on the splined shaft. ...Jim Thompson

Warn sells those with its winch mounting kits. Or else your winch could be gone the next morning.

Just an armadillo on the shoulder of the information superhighway.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.