STK 361 weaker IC as power amp than LA 4440 STK 361, Amplifier

Hi , i dreamt of a good poer amp for long and found circuit that tells

360W amp had input for all like tuner ,cd etc

I hv assembled it .however after running the power amp with some inputs i was surprized to see that the AMP is very weak .. it needed 15a-0-15a supply ..that cosed 20% more

whole amp kit costed 40% more ...finally I to discover that it is v poor as compared to kits with 4440 ICs ..

Is STK 361 weaker IC as power amp than LA 4440 ,please coment ..

Reply to
cozz in or out

do you have a power supply that can provide at least 720 W? Class AB amplifiers are only 50% efficient or so, so you'll need to provide double the juice it needs from your power supply.

Reply to
mrdarrett

thanks ,

360 w PMPO that was the title of the circuit published in 'Electronics for you ' magazine ...STK 361 is some 25 or 50w rms chip i think .. Is the power supply that might be the cause ?? the Amp was running fine ...amplifying but But very poor Output.....

(i hope a power supply *stronger* than normal PSs of 12-0-12 3 Amp LA LA4440 based amps should be sufficient ])

Reply to
cozz in or out

Dears I think you should try on KIA6216H ICs, May be it gives you better result .

I.K.KHAN

Reply to
Jadoon7264