STANAG 4156

Hello,

Im trying to figure out more about STANAG 4156 and its function as an interface between own ships data set and another peice of equipment. I believe my biggest question is this. Stanag 4156 is just a protocol... is it run over MIL-STD-1553? Or does it have its own type of bus structure as well? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Also if anyone has the NATO documentation about STANAG 4156 could I get a copy, I emailed NATO and am waiting for a response, I also looked on ASSIST but it seems, even with a valid username and password, I am locked out of that standard.

Thanks.

Reply to
Matt

The MIL-STD stuff is available on a US government website -- are you sure the STANAG stuff isn't available from some server in Europe? Have you done a web search?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Yep, googled all sorts of variations of Stanag 4156 with a couple of spots with some info and a bunch of junk.

Reply to
Matt