source for cheap high current power supplies (3.5-5VDC, 3.5A)

Hi - I need to purchase 20 AC to DC power supplies. They need to output between 3.5VDC or more (ideally 4-5VDC), and be able to source at least 3.5A. I was hoping to get them for under $10 each, but I can't find anything even close to that.

Any ideas? Maybe some surplus places?

Reply to
Michael

Here is the closest I found from Mouser:

(ROHS)virtualkey14670000virtualkey418-TR2505

Reply to
John Popelish

I usually get surplus pc power supplies in working condition for $10.00. They supply 5V at 20 to 30 Amps. You have to short two pins on the ATX connector to turn the power supply on. I searched briefly for a link showing this but couldn't find one.

You may have to clean accumulated dust from the inside. Sometimes the fans need replacing. In other cases, it may seem as if the pc was hardly ever used.

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

jpopelish

That looks like just what I was hoping for.

Thanks John,

-Michael

Reply to
Michael