Openbravo

looks pretty good.

Also

and

and possibly

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

For a small project I would imagine it would be easier to use a spreadsheet than learn a new software tool. I'm assuming, of course, that you already have, and are familiar with, a suitable spreadsheet, if not, then you could try Open Office which can be downloaded from here for free:

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

Anyone know of any decent software to manage a small project(even medium or large would work if thats all there is). It would be nice if it was tailored to electronics but I doubt that will happen. I mainly want to keep track of costs such as components, materials, purchases, etc...

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Programs that are alread designed to handle one resource, ie TIME, can often be used to handle others.

Manhour budget dispersal and deadline limits become dollar versions of the same. I am likely to convert man-hours into dollars directly, anyways. Puts things into a surprising perspective, at times.

Companies with a fixed infrastructure may find this very annoying, so it's often best just to keep it to yourself. Part of Project Management is boss polishing, after all.

RL

Reply to
legg

For some of that sort of stuff a spreadsheet works ok.

If your schematic program will output the BOM in columns, you are likely to be able to directly import it into a spreadsheet leaving only the costs column to be manually filled.

Reply to
MooseFET

You might want to take a look at the Basecamp product at:

A smaller, lightweight, version of Project Management tools out there.

Robert H.

Reply to
Robert

I have looked at Kidasa Software Milestones, and IMSI Turbo Project, mostly for time management. For keeping track of parts, I have heard good things about "Parts And Vendors", and I have a demo download that I just haven't had time to evaluate yet.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

The standard software du jur; that customers in industry use today should be considered. Project, now Microsoft Project is the standard project management tool. Also will let you build and integrate different people at dfferent rates, as well as different material, synchronous i time, with different costs per unit. The you can roll out actual "cost" or value for all these factors.

Of course you could always build a spread sheet for top down estimation, as micorsoftproject has details to what happens each day or hour if need be.

Good Luck

Marc

Reply to
LVMarc