Smoke alarm switch?

Or if it does, get a better exhaust fan. We got a range hood made for the Asian market which has extremely powerful motors and an oversize exhaust. The oil from wok cooking is collected in reservoirs which can be unsnapped and cleaned. Before that we not only had smoke detector issues, but a thin film of oil collected on everthing in sight when the helpers were up to that sort of thing.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

That is true. Don't even have an exhaust fan in this old house.

Reply to
Dave

ad a

gh

in

d for

ible

-1=B0C ?! Wow. One can almost die in the parking lot on the way to the car...

Do you have to shovel the driveway every day? We've got family friends in Toronto, they told us about the snow shoveling. I wanted to visit them in the winter, but they say "nothing to see in the winter... come in spring/summer".

Is Buffalo in the mountains then? You got rain when they got snow?

Reply to
onehappymadman

had a

ough

s in

hed for

igible

's

Oh wait I misread that. I thought that was -1=B0F (-18=B0C). Still plenty cold though.

If you have a supercomputer bank out there, I bet it'd run a lot more efficiently than the ones out here in California (NASA Ames, Jet Propulsion Lab). No cooling required... :)

Reply to
onehappymadman

Went out, and had a nice swim at lunch. Was a little chilly for a couple of minutes before I dried off. 16% humidity will do that to you...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

At +30°F? ;-) It very, very rarely gets as cold as -10°F (maybe -25 or

30 with the wind chill), which is only sissy cold compared to the prairies or far north. The snow gets nice and crunchy, and it's not too bad if you don't have any exposed flesh to freeze in minutes seconds, maybe, if there's a lot of wind and exposed bare fingers (as I found recently when my credit card got stuck in a parking meter). This is roughly the latitude of Portland ME and Corvallis OR, but with lake moderation.

There are nutbars who wear light clothes from their underground apartment parking to drive to underground downtown parking. They could be in real trouble if they had a breakdown and they didn't immediately try to get a lift.

But I understand that temperatures around 45°F are actually more dangerous for hypothermia than real cold, because it sneaks up on hikers etc., they get groggy and can get into trouble. Especially if they get wet.

Not even once this winter. There was probably one time when I should have, but it eventually melted. Last year maybe 4 or 6 times total. I have a really hard time justifying $1200 US for a decent snowblower. Sometimes kids come around, but they don't seem to need the money enough to do it regularly these days. Same problem with paperboys, there are no kids who want to do it.

Fresh snow is really beautiful, gray city slush is much less nice, but spring/summer is usually good. Sidewalk cafes, people milling around on the streets at night, baseball games with the dome open etc. But, you can always dress for cold weather-- what do you do when it's hot/humid? Naked is about as far as you can go, and that isn't always possible.

No, I think it's something to do with the lake effect. It snows a lot just an hour north of here too, but poor old Buffalo always seems to get hit hard. I'm really close to the lake. The Adirondacks are the mountains where the closest US ski resorts are (south of Buffalo). The Canadian ski resorts, I think, are all on the Niagara escarpment.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'm surprised no one has given you the "real" solution:

Reply to
ehsjr