SMD Electrolytics

Mold? I'm thinkn perhaps the mount can be manufactured by a laser cutting process.

Something like this if done with plastic (teflon?): The cap is pushed onto the base and the leads fish through sideways. (Uhhh.. that'll be tricky..But..it's slippery teflon.) The lead ends are bent and become the feet.

------ | | | |

Reply to
D from BC

Yes, it's cheaper.

Too expensive for mass productions.

Depending on how many you are making. Plastic could be less than a nickel or dime.

Reply to
linnix

So, you want to laser cut a FR4 or plastic to save on drillings FR4?

Reply to
linnix

Oh oh ... It's getting silly now. :)

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Look on the bright side.. It's a better idea than trying to buy ground beef on E*bay. :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Mouser # 81-GCM32DR72A225K64L is a ceramic X7R 2.2 uF, 100V for $1.26 each in single quantity. They say they have 2000 available to ship immediately.

John

Reply to
John KD5YI

That's a scary round number and implies buy-by-the-reel. Not singles.. But I'll check..

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Shut up impostor.

Reply to
JosephKK

Mold?? Stamping?? How about straight FR4 at 100 up per board and cutting them apart.

Reply to
JosephKK

Manufacturing cost and sales price are not the same thing.

Reply to
JosephKK

may be able to find them

It is called making all the money you can where you can.

Reply to
JosephKK