slow start circuits for switching mode power supply

Hi,All, circuits is here. I want to let the high side voltage slowly grow on both ends of load resistor "R". which is better? I tried the circuits on the right corner but there was 2.5 Volt acrossing drain and source, why? when I increase the load current, the mosfet got hot, was it fully on with very little power consumption? The lower left circuits worked but I still saw a +5V pulse across my load resistor. It looks the upper left is best suit for my circuits?

Thanks for watching.

Reply to
bigcaboy