Sloppy china practices (example)

You know, another way to look at this offshoring/quality thing is this...

It turns out "there is more money in designing a shoe than in actually making it: Nike, Dell, and Boeing can get paid for thinking while subcontracted factories in developing countries do the grunt work and engineers in cultured and mathematical states do the noncreative technical grind."

Kind of makes you wonder..... If anyone is interested, that quote is from my current reading list: The Black Swan, The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nicholas Taleb.

NPR Interview here:

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

krw hath wroth:

Then, there is the "Dae-Young" of Korea, which made Samsung hard disks.

True to it's name, the hard disks did. The company is still around but I guess is now part of Drey-Dung, which is not much of an improvement in naming.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Yeah, just try taking THAT piece of equipment on an aircraft!

Reply to
Chris Jones