Single transistor mixer

something that is sold as

It's a marketing distinction, not a technological distinction. Every four quadrant multiplier is a potential mixer, but they tend not to be sold as such.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I estimate using a sine for demod would give only about 1 dB improvement over square wave demod for uncorrelated noise. For correlated noise it should be in the neighborhood of 7 dB. I think you're right that the lions share of the improvement is getting out of the baseband.

My newsreader seems to have lost some of my replies to everyone. Anyway, thanks for the help.

ChesterW

Reply to
ChesterW