...single most disappointing day for the national media since November 2016...

...single most disappointing day for the national media since November

2016...

Scoring "30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment"

Ought to put bitrex and slowman into heartburn hell >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

lol, I wonder which Statin he's taking. It seem not to be affecting him.

Martin Riddle

Tomorrow night are the fake news awards ;)

Reply to
bulegoge

I don't take statins... muscle cramps. Best cholesterol reduction method... lose weight. I've had perfectly normal cholesterol levels for the last several years.

And blood pressure so low it spooks the doctors... typically 105/65.

Except for the cancer it would have been a funny play ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Not exactly. The test isn't exactly demanding

The version my mother was run through every six months in a prospective stu dy for dementia asked her who the current prime minister was.

In the US, that would be the name of the current president, and Trump shoul d be able to manage that.

I've never suggested that Trump was demented, or even stupid - he's brillia nt at telling people what they want to hear.

His problem is like Jim's - he doesn't know much about the real world - and he isn't inhibited by inconvenient facts when it comes to telling people w hat he things they want to hear (since he doesn't know all that many facts to start with, though his capacity to say different things on different day s implies either a rather poor memory, or a tendency to lie).

His ghost-writer labelled him a congenital liar, but did make the point tha t Trump didn't have much of an attention span for anything that wasn't of i mmediate interest (which made it difficult for the ghost-writer to extract the kind of detailed information you need to put together something that lo oks as if it has been written by the purported author).

ls-all

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Weight control and diet only helps so much and there is no absolute "normal" number. Mine was "marginal-high" with very high HDL numbers. The docs thought the high HDL was good enough, right up until I went in for bypass surgery.

I have the other script.

Reply to
krw

Yep, the lefty heads are spinning tonight (watch the doc's presser - it's a hoot!).

Reply to
krw

Only krw would think that anybody would think that Trump's problem is dementia - probably projection. Though Reagan clearly was demented for the last two years of his presidency, not that that mattered in a glove puppet.

For the record, my opinion is that Trump is a remarkably adept liar who doesn't know enough real world facts to realise quite how obvious his lies are.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

32 or 33. 3 months ago I started taking an Omega 3,6,9 and eating Avacados almost every day, recommended by the nurse doing my test. Last Saturday I had a cholesterol test, by golly my HDL went down to 28! That sucks. It should be closer to 50. My wife's HDL usually runs in the 90s, on Saturday her test result was 100. Whatcha gonna do? My BP med works too good, I had to split it in half and take 1/2 in the morning and the other 1/2 in the evening. Getting old, it ain't for sissies.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Instead of insisting on taking it and then having a doctor-media press conference to discuss the results in detail I imagine Reagan would've simply told the media to piss off and let them wonder.

Now they're going to be pushing for it every year and it's going to look even worse if he suddenly starts refusing to have the same kind of hoopla over all the future amazing perfect scores. He's a silly billy for caving to media pressure on this one, didn't he see the set-up?

Reply to
bitrex

Women naturally have higher HDL numbers. Mine was around 40 before the statins, which was quite high for men (normal would be closer to

20) but about normal for women. That's why they weren't worried about my total cholesterol being a little on the high side. After taking statins, both my HDL and LDL are about 70 (total cholesterol of 150 - triglycerides have always been really low).

Mine is iffy. They don't get too worried under 150 but they often take it just after I walk in, rather than wait for the resting numbers. In my case, it matters a lot (30-40 points - sometimes more). My problem, now, is rate (and long-term, arrhythmia). It's in the mid-40s these days because they have me on 2x50mg of Toperol-XL (beta blocker). I was on Sotolol for six months recently. It was working but they took me off it because it's dangerous with a slow heart beat (have been on Metoperol for 11 years)

That's a fact. Ain't cheap, either. My boss' insurance has probably paid $30K already this year.

Reply to
krw

You really are an idiot snowflake.

See above.

Reply to
krw

tudy for dementia asked her who the current prime minister was.

uld be able to manage that.

iant at telling people what they want to hear.

nd he isn't inhibited by inconvenient facts when it comes to telling people what he things they want to hear (since he doesn't know all that many fact s to start with, though his capacity to say different things on different d ays implies either a rather poor memory, or a tendency to lie).

hat Trump didn't have much of an attention span for anything that wasn't of immediate interest (which made it difficult for the ghost-writer to extrac t the kind of detailed information you need to put together something that looks as if it has been written by the purported author).

ells-all

That's an idiot test. Anyone who has trouble with that one has to be walkin g around in a daze. And that physician was clearly lying about a bunch stuf f, which probably explains why he's been in the job so long.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred
[snip]

Welcome to the "club" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

That's about as challenging as testing if someone still knows how to use a doorknob to open a door. It's hardly a criterion for fitness to be president IOW.

The real doctors out there, not that career sycophant Navy shit-for-brains, are finding all kinds of inconsistencies in the reported results. Anyone can see the p.o.s.-in-chief is in decrepit health.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

He's on 10mg Crestor. Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Well, there's one thing we can all agree on at least: Trump is a very stable genius. :-D

Cursitor Doom

When you read Conant's book, it makes you really wonder about what technical details she did not understand or glossed over.

I caught part of the PBS special and its worth a view. Just for the period technology photos and Radlab segment.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Well, he's as much a genius as he is stable, and he's as qualified to comment on his own mental condition as he to run the US.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw insists on reminding us that he's a right-wing nut case. His posts are bereft of any other content, but he has to keep reiterating his utterly pre dictable opinion, which means that the information content of his posts is close to zero. They do tell us that he has looked at the user-group recentl y, but why would anybody care what krw has done?

He does claim to own guns and might go postal, but you'd have to live fairl y close to him for this to be a consequential risk. He does seem to be the kind of nut-case that shouldn't be allowed to own guns - though unlike Jim Thompson, he has never fantasised about shooting his neighbours - but in th e USA that is rarely acted on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to