sine wave generator

life.

You're in a really bad mood today.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

life.

How would you know? We don't sleep together and we are not friends and you live somewhere that I do not. What's wrong with you?

Reply to
John S

life.

Yes, you *are* deranged. You did not note the subject modification.

So what? I said "works". I also said "also". What of it? What's wrong with you?

Define hostile. In the usual terms, of course, not your own.

Yes, please. It would be beneficial to everyone here.

Reply to
John S

It is nice to see folks here cooperating so well. Such a breath of fresh air. This is also a good design technique to know about.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

life.

You seem to be an idiot savant. I know you are very intelligent, but it seems that you cannot allow any other person to be correct in their statements, particularly when they conflict with your statements, opinions, beliefs, etc. You seem to believe that your path is the only one.

I am sad for both of us.

Reply to
John S

life.

Right, I could be mistaken: maybe you're in a bad mood all the time.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

life.

Yes, I could be. Or, you could be deluded.

Reply to
John S

I unintentionally sent an email to you. I apologize.

Thanks for the kudos, but, do you think it will ever be useful?

Reply to
John S

life.

No, what I said is true. Up to a point.

This is my thread, about my modem. If you want to make rules, start your own damned thread.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

life.

I made a purely technical comment, on topic for this thread, and you went all personal and ballistic.

As far as the FFT thing goes, this is what I see by default:

It seems to want to include the whole range of the transient sim. More cycles will be better, unless the time step eventually gets too coarse.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

life.

want a

Up to a point. Yeah, okay.

Screw you. You didn't bitch when the thread was modified earlier to "Re: Was: sine wave generator Now:FPGA Power Levels", did you?

So, the sore point is the fact that you jumped on my post without even noticing the subject change? Okay, we have all done that before. But, this bolsters my comment about you being an idiot savant that cannot tolerate a correction to his statements, whatever they are.

I've learned from you by seeing your posts. I sincerely thank you for that and I hope you will continue. But, John, relax. You will not die if all your suggestions, ideas, designs are not adopted by the community. Let's just kick it around for a while.

Happy New Year, John. You're a good man.

JohnS

Reply to
John S

It's already been useful--I learned several SPICE directives from it. (I'm not much of a SPICE jockey IRL).

Thanks.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

My pleasure, really. I have fun doing these things.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John S

What is IRL?

Reply to
John S

life.

my

want a

I didn't bitch about anything having to do with electronics. This is an electronics discussion group.

Jumped? By suggesting that more cycles make a better FFT? We have been talking about FFTs through most of this (MY!) thread.

Okay, we have all done that before. But,

Geez, you went personal over a comment about FFTs.

You should sit in on one of our engineering meetings. I get beat up on by all sorts of kids. Sometimes I win.

Oh well, as soon as I finish cleaning up my office I can have a beer. That might be in 2014.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

In Real Life. e.g., offline.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

life.

Well, that's not the sim *I* was discussing. Try the one listed above. All this time you were arguing with me while thinking I was referring to

*your* sim because you didn't pay attention.
Reply to
John S