simple nimh charger

In message , dated Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Homer J Simpson writes

Not any more; that's out as well.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

Says who?

That would be news to all of the major AA/AAA battery makers, and an experienced contrary to millions of happy consumers.

Nickel metal hydride (NiMH) far exceed the capacity/usefulness of nickel cadmium (NiCad). Recent AA capacities exceed 2500 milliamp hours. That's over four times the capacity of NiCad AAs?

All of my NiMHs are still working great after several years of use.

They continue working for weeks after installation.

If you want very long shelf life, use alkalines. That's always been the rule.

newssvr14.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc05.POSTED!dd653b87!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

"Smart charger" can be good or bad.

What is the current of your charger and rated capacity of your NiMH?

A good charger must pump enough current into the cell to oxidate the metal. A low current simply heat up the cell without charging it.

NiMH will self charge in weeks. You need a properly designed charger to keep it charged. In our charger, we pump high currents into it in pulses and measure the voltage and current in both states (connected and disconnected).

Reply to
linnix

Self charge? Another perpetual motion device?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bullshit. And you know it.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Sorry about my fast fingers. Should be 1. self-discharge and 2. measure the voltage and temperature.

Reply to
linnix