Simple buck converter schematics/circuits?

Can/would anyone/spomeone post a link to some simple buck converters that I could build at home (simple hand soldering, not surface mount)?

I've built simple 78/79/etc regulators in the past and want to compare this technology for efficency. Looking at dc to dc reduction only atm.

I have tried googling, but tend to get swamped in rrelevant stuff.

T.I.A.

Reply to
terryc

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"terryc" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@woa.com.au...

Try this one:

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Read this entire paper if you can, it's a good introduction:

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Thanks. Very Handy and helpful. Should be able to play around a bit and build what I want.

Reply to
terryc

Thank you. Helpful for simple chip stuff. Now to find a local source.

Reply to
terryc

Unfortunately, never loads. Thanks anyway, will try a few more times.

Reply to
terryc

Right clic, and select "save as", and get the file, then "open" it.

Reply to
HiggsField

. snipped-for-privacy@woa.com.au...

at

To vary the output voltage, does one have to change the zener diode?

Otherwise, what should be changed to turn this into a variable-output- voltage mini-LM317?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett