Side-firing leaded LEDs?

I have an application where side-firing versions of traditional leaded LEDs would be the bee's knees. So far I haven't found any, and searching the suppliers' on-line cattledogs is incredibly tedious and so far unrewarding.

Is anyone aware of these devices, and a source?

Reply to
who where

We've used them, though they were more as indicators rather than illumination (not very bright). Look in DigiKey under "mounting type: Surface mount - right angle".

Reply to
krw

But the OP wants leaded.

OP: Search Digikey for "LEDs - Circuit Board Indicators", then select mounting type of "through-hole, leaded". There's tons-o.

2C1140050%2C114016f% 2C1140191&vendor=0&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ptm=0&fid=0&quantity=0&PV69=367&stock=1&pbfree=1&rohs=1

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott