seriously dumb question 'bout Tek scopes...

What's the model number?

I'd expect a switch on the front panel. It might be hidden away in a GUI where you have to search for it.

These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to
Hal Murray

If you got a 2245, look under, and a little to the right of, the two
"VOLTS/DIV" rotary switches on the front panel and you\'ll find two
pushbutton switches.  Push the bottom one until the legend to its
left reads "50 ohms DC".
Reply to
John Fields

Hi all,

I recently bought a 4-channel Tek 350Mhz scope which purportedly has 2

50 ohm inputs. But I can only find 4 high-Z inputs (the usual 1M || 15pF) according to the front panel. How do I switch to 50 ohms - assuming I can at all? Or have I been shafted?? p.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

Hello Paul,

There would be a switch really close to the BNC jacks. If there ain't then you could buy a few of those 50ohm 'BNC barrels'. IIRC Pomona makes those in the US but I wouldn't know who does in Europe.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Okay, thanks chaps! Got it.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

The questions that keep a person dumb are the ones not asked.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hello Paul, which model/type number did you buy? Just interested.

The yahoo Tekscope group is very good for help with repairs.

People there are well mannered, no slagging or politics on that group like there is on this one. :-) Just Tekscopes nothing else.

Regards, John Crighton Sydney

Reply to
John Crighton

Thanks for the pointer, John. It's a 2465A, actually. In quite good nick, too. I also bought a classic 475 that looks like it's done very little work as well (although the trace is a shade noisy but I've come across a web page that details how to fix that problem). Plus I *also* bought a 3rd scope which I might post a picture of *if* I'm feeling resilient enough to absorb all the abuse I'll get from having acquired such a noteworthy specimen. ;-)