Need help checking an inverter on Gataway Solo 1400 LCD

Hello,

I've got a Gateway Solo 1400 with an intermittent backlight failure. I use to could press around the base of the LCD and upon re-start would come back. But now it won't at all. I can still see the desktop if I shine a bright light on it at an angle.

I've removed the button panel and the bezel of the LCD, which reveals the inverter with easy access.

I've measured the 4 input connector as follows:

Pin 1 (Black): 0 Volts Pin 2 (Brown): 3.2 Volts Pin 3 (Red): 0 Volts Pin 4 (Orange): 18.7 Volts

I've also held my scope probe close to the inverter transformer with no signal pickup. (I've tried this on other LCD's and can get about .5 Volt p-p at about 10KHz, as the laptop boots, this signal disappears for a second, I'm assuming it shuts off the backlight if no video signal is present to the LCD.)

I just need to know if I'm getting the right inputs. pin 3 is suspect at 0Volts and no signal.

Any schematics for these things available online?

Thanks Kendall

Reply to
Kendall