Serious Question for Leftists

I've never met a teabagger. I'm not gay, and I don't hang out in their haunts.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Teabaggers" is a rude play on "tea party", posted by people who will not survive the depression. ...Jim Thompson

Supreme

Disregard what Gore requested at the time, because The Florida judge overseeing the recount also intended to look at the overvote ballots, as well as the undervote that Gore asked for.

Those standards were relevant only to some "recounts conducted by various United States news media organizations."

But look at: Review of all ballots statewide (never undertaken) ? Standard as set by each county canvassing board during their survey Gore by

171 ? Fully punched chad and limited marks on optical ballots Gore by 115 ? Any dimples or optical mark Gore by 107 ? One corner of chad detached or optical mark Gore by 60 Gore wins by any standard.
Reply to
Silly Rabbit

So, you don't know the history of the TeaBeggers !

But, it was easy to blast the OWS.

OK, I get it now.

hamilton

Perhaps you should examine your premises.

Hooligan: n. a ruffian; hoodlum Hoodlum: n. 1. a gangster or thug; 2. a wild and destructive youth.

Have you a list of Tea Party assaults, vandalisms, and other such in Colorado? Or anywhere, for that matter?

The list for OWS--a far smaller group with a much shorter history--is long and distinguished.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

.

e the

igans

ne save

The budding Tea Party Movement embraced the teabag, soon after Obama was inaugurated. There was a push, forwarded far and wide over the internet, to mail a teabag "to Washington," whether to the White House or one's Congressman or Senator, in time for Tax Day. At the same time I saw many photos of supposed Tea Party members who had stapled tea bags to their straw hats by the little Lipton's tags.

So the Tea Partiers themselves started the tea bag meme.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Leftists, aka the fairies amongst us, have a different definition of tea bagger. ...Jim Thompson

U.S. Supreme

seeing the

ervote that

imple

races

is

By

United

This was taken by another US news media organization, the Washington Post (actually the National Opinion Research Center under contract to the WaPo.

Nobody requested this, and in fact there was no mechanism to request a statewide recount, only county by county. But, per the WaPo report, had this been possible, and had both overvotes (as Bush had wanted) and undervotes (as Gore had wanted), then there were some scenarios under which Gore would have won:

y =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Gore by 171

115
60

Uh, no. Per the WaPo article, Bush wins under all the likely scenarios. Only under those tortured scenarios mentioned at the end of the article would Gore have won.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

seeing the

ervote that

I don't know where this idea comes from.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

No, you don't but you'll keep blowing smoke.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not all types of depression can be cured. :)

Yes, I've heard the left's crap but like I said, I don't hang around with them. They are fixated on insults, and constantly refer to gay sex. May they all die slow, painful deaths from STDs, if they don't learn to tell the truth. It's apparent that some of them have already gone insane.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

overseeing the

undervote that

"However, a Gore win was impossible without a recount of overvotes, which he did not request. But one could argue that the recount of overvotes should have happened nonetheless, because faxes discovered after the media recount indicated that the judge overseeing the recount effort intended to have the overvotes counted. These were faxes between Judge Terry Lewis and the canvassing* boards throughout the state." ... "As stated by Lance DeHaven Smith in his interview with Research in Review at Florida State University,: "...Everybody had thought that the chads were where all the bad ballots were, but it turned out that the ones that were the most decisive were write-in ballots where people would check Gore and write Gore in, and the machine kicked those out. There were 175,000 votes overall that were so-called ?spoiled ballots.? About two-thirds of the spoiled ballots were over-votes; many or most of them would have been write-in over-votes, where people had punched and written in a candidate?s name. And nobody looked at this, not even the Florida Supreme Court in the last decision it made requiring a statewide recount. Nobody had thought about it except Judge Terry Lewis, who was overseeing the statewide recount when it was halted by the U.S. Supreme Court."

Silly Rabbit

Sorry Jim,

Tea BAGGER comes from Carpet Bagger[1].

The Tea Party has been around for a long time.

It has been trying to suppress the actions of the IRS for years with varying degrees of success.

The Tea Bagger comes from how they TBs will kill off taxes instead of the IRS.

Also for the opportunism and exploitation to get people to think as they do.

Ask your IRS guy next time he comes to visit.

The IRS does not like the TeaBaggers.

hamilton

[1]
hamilton

Congress. They regularly sabotaged any legislation that looked as if it might help the economy in the run up to the current presidential election. They always had ideological justifications for their wrecking behaviour, and your example makes it clear that more or less intelligent people can have vary silly ideas about economic, but they were very convenient silly ideas.

But you can't actually quote any examples. My understanding is that a lot of their offences take the form of assaulting a police officer's night stick by breaking it with their heads.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

verseeing the

undervote that

he did not

ppened

hat the

d. These

t the state."

Judge Lewis apparently told the Orlando Sentinel he was "open to counting overvotes." But Gore was not seeking that, and the judge could not have ordered that on his own.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

overseeing the

undervote that

did not

happened

the

These

the state."

Jim's question has been answered anyway, by Larry. The Supreme Court stopped the count and selected Bush as our President.

Reply to
Silly Rabbit

overseeing the

undervote that

did not

happened

the

These

the state."

the

Well, uh, the Supreme Court stepped in, and said that , by law, they needed to accept the votes as tallied, accept the recounts that were legally requested, and publish the results. The Gore campaign was not allowed to keep requesting recount after recount in the hopes that they might eventually get a result that they liked. Sorry you and so many others seem to dislike the legal processes of elections in this country, but it was almost twelve years ago. Get over it! 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Well, I ain't gay, but would consider myself a member of the Tea Party, at least ideologically. We haven't actually met, though...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

They didn't have to step in.

Tell the weenie Bush. Fearing that he might not have truly won, he sued to stop recounts.

Reply to
Silly Rabbit

overseeing the

e undervote that

ich he did not

happened

d that the

nted. These

hout the state."

ped the

My point from the beginning was that -- had the ballot scrutinization not been stopped, and had Gore gotten exactly what he wanted -- that Bush would have won, anyways. As I said before:

"When the newspaper chains (Knight-Ridder was one) recounted the votes the way Gore wanted, Bush won Florida anyway. (Although Gore still won the popular vote across the country.) "

So the Supreme Court's decision did not affect the outcome of the election.

If you're looking for villains, look at Nader. Absent his candidacy, some of the votes he received would have gone to Gore -- even a few hundred would have done it.

Reply to
spamtrap1888