Selling an Electronics Design

See.. I eat about $400.00 in food a month..

1million/400 ~= 208 years of food!

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Only an idiot would do that. Anyone with brains would buy a COTS part that has multiple sources. If you bought the design, then you have to manufacture them yourself, or contract it out. Do you make your own ICs, and other components. Do you think the guy building the carts needs to build a steel mill, mine his own ore and coal?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ok..here's a crappy example:

I need a LED blinker circuit...How much do you want for the schematic ?

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

About three second's worth:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sigh. Either ask Sloman to design you one based on a 555 timer, learn how to use a search engine for existing circuits, or read a simple data sheet and get it for free. AKA: Rubber Stamp Engineering. :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'd charge as low as $400.00 to produce a BOM and schematic for a 555 blinker. I might charge more if the blinker is uC based.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Recently in the UK you could buy an actual 2kW induction heater for £30, (which is depressingly close to $30), in the form of a cooking hob at Lidl. I wonder if it could be made to drive a different shaped coil that heats things other than saucepans. I didn't get one because I already have too much stuff that I haven't had time to play with.

Others have thought of this too...

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:SCm6QxH7XEcJ:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

,

l.

Sure, you can heat anything, as long as it's saucepans. Like Ford said, any color you like...

Typical induction heaters use a work coil impedance in the sub-ohm range. They get away with $50 cooktops because they're series resonant: a dinky cap, a big smelly work coil (possibly bolstered with some ferrite chunks, which will also help shield EMI from the circuit below, I guess), and one IGBT. (Not far from an inverter microwave, I suppose, and microwaves are going for $50 or so these days. And that's with more sheetmetal and a toob, too!) Anyway, they get away with it because the impedance is a lot higher, more like 10 ohms. Not going to work into a regular sized coil, at least not without a decade or two more frequency and an output transformer.

That said, anyone who wants working 1kW induction heater plans for $100 can e-mail me. :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Neato...a alternative way to express yourself from an influence by HTML.

Maybe call it ETML for Emotion Text Mark up Language..

Anyways... Interesting...$100 for 1kW induction heater plans.. You sure about that? For complete BOM and schematic and coil drawings?

Seems suspiciously low in price...??

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Yawn...................ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah I know it's a totally boring project. Maybe the price should be higher cause it's so boring :) Perhaps $1000 for a 555 blinker schematic and a BOM??? If the customer asks 'Why so high?' Response could be: 'Cause your project is stupid.'

However, things might get interesting if it's a blinker for medical equipment or military equipment.