Self Oscillating Class D. Question for the usual/unusual suspects

I'm almost not looking for a overly detailed taking of the piss, chances are I'm not going to understand it.

However a sort of...

1) Kind of Right. 2) Absolute Shite.

Would be appreciated.

Ta

DNA

Reply to
Genome

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:59:16 GMT, Genome wrote in Msg.

Is the "self-oscillating" bit what Intersil's HIP4080A app note calls "hysteresis control"?

AN9525 seems to contain pages and pages of analysis on this. I haven't read it.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Can't make any sense of it at all, but the OP probably ought to go read Peter Banandall's 1956 paper that I referrred to at

I was interested in the parallel resonant class-D oscillators, and the OP is after the series resonant variant.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Oooooooooooops!!!!!! Premature excitement. When I said I had terminated the delay line I put the terminating resistor in the wrong leg so my model was indeed bollocks.

I can go back to being unhappy again.... :-(

DNA

Reply to
Genome

This is a great subject and very interesting. Some responses are trying to make a power supply out of it. I really like your presentation containing the SPICE files making it easy to follow. Your hard work is appreciated. We missed you at the summer gathering at JT place. Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano