Seeking RCA 40428 Germanium Compensating Diode

For restoring an old receiver, I am looking for at least 4 RCA

40428 germanium temperature compensating diodes. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could find some?

Regards,

Geno

Reply to
Geno Giapasetti

Geno Giapasetti wrote in news:6bd6b8cc-6519-4b43- snipped-for-privacy@g1g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

The NTE158 is a T0-1 cased germanium transistor; you could try using the B-E or B-C as a diode.

Check with this company and see if they can help you with old RCA components or possible substitutions:

A brief Google of the internet (when did Google become a verb?) didn't turn up anything helpful. Finding the exact part will require a search of surplus electronics stores; many obsolete electronic components are essentially unobtanium.

--Damon, who might could use some 40409s and 40410s

Reply to
Damon Hill

Damon Hill schrieb:

[...]

Hi Damon

Though I could offer you 2 pcs. NOS 40409 and 3 pcs. NOS 40410 it should be easier for you here:

40409:

40410:

(QTY 10 ea $ 39.99 - OTOH the seller writes: Quanities can be adjusted for your convenience, just email me your needs. I'll see what I can do.)

HTH

Reinhard (from Germany)

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Well, RCA had a suggested amplifier using 40421 power transistors that used these, for a 25W audio amplifier, dated 1966 (file #115). TA-2870 was another part number for the same product.

So, you'd find 'em in a mid-to-late-sixties 25W audio amplifier.

specification was for about 0.27V at 100 mA, so modern Schottky rectifiers are close-ish (you have to supply the insulated metal cylinder case yourself). 1N5817 is at least in the right ballpark.

Reply to
whit3rd