Secondary Theory: Burn speed for outer rings to high, causing bad outer rings, causing backup failure for cd's.

Hello,

I noticed how the CD has little bumps at the outer rings of the cd.

Like the laser skipped over it... like a rock over the water.

Theory is:

CD Burning fails/is bad at the outer rings of the CD's !

Maybe the speed at the outer sides is to high for the laser !

Result:

A few megabytes lost on some cd's.

Advice:

Do not write full cd's.

Keep at least 5 MB free per cd-rom ;)

Me don't know about DVD ;)

Probably an DVD-equivalent ammount...

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Or don't by CDs at rock-bottom prices.

I wonder what happens next. "Explosion rocks Utrecht - man tried to overclock dream PC" or something like that ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Tertiary theory: need to buy a newer CD/DVD burner? Or at least flash the BIOS of the CD burner? (I had to do this once with a Memorex CD burner I bought a decade ago.)

mrdarrett

I meant to say update the CD burner FIRMWARE, not the BIOS.

Man... I knew lots more a decade ago than I do now... I'm getting old...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

It's better than the alternative. Tthat is, in most cases. Some don't getolder, they just go to pot. :(

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell