Searching a fast LCD shutter

(Xpost + Fup2 s.e.c)

Hello, I am looking for a fast optical shutter (probably LCD). It must switch between (almost) transparent and black at a frequency of about 100 Hz, with switching times of about 1 ms. The needed area is only about 1x1 cm, but the device may also be somewhat larger.

I am aware of "3D glasses" that contain two LCD shutters, maybe this is the right technology. However, I don't know any company that produces (and delivers) such shutters as bare LCDs...

Any hints/ideas?

Thanks,

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh