SeaMonkey 2.7 mess

1) I have not really paid that much attention to the "toolbar" at the bottom of its screen, but now see undesirable micro-icons at the left: Browser, Mail & Newsgroups, Composer, and Address Book. How do i get rid of them?

2) Seems that more and more sites have those ()#$#&(#%&+())*(# blocking pop-ups that cover most of the screen and cover what is left with grey. And you cannot get rid of them unless you are using 1024x768 resolution or more. Pisses me off no end. How do i get rid of them?

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

This might help:

Try this: .

--

-TV
Reply to

Click "reload" and that stuff often disappears. If not, I go somewhere else.

 Click to see the full signature

  • had to read a number of response to find a relevant solution; fixed now. Thanks!
  • Wonderful (NOT):
** QUOTE ** Be careful with old versions!

These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on. Version 2.7.1.4134-beta Released February 1, 2016 1.0 MB Works with Firefox for Android 38.0 - 46.0, Firefox 38.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.35 and later, Thunderbird 38.0 and later

** END QUOTE **

"??LATEST version??" What is this? one comes out every day??? Someone is off their rocker...

In any event,they do not list a version that will work with SeaMonkey

2.7. Thanks.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Will try that trick on the next gd screen mangling cover. AdBlock is not available for SeaMonkey 2.7. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:cffsy.275359 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx41.iad:

left:

blocking

grey.

There is no Seamonkey 2.7. If you are on Seamonkey 2.07, try Adblock Plus versions 1.0 through 2.2.3.1 which should be compatible. Look at the detailed change logs. You'll probably also want NoScript (2.9.0.1rc1 or earlier).

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ian Malcolm

Then why don't you update? When you stick with such old versions, don't expect modern plugins to work.

Reply to
Rob

WRONG! I have Seamonkey 2.7; that is the version hat it reports under "help", "about seamonkey".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Find me a newer version that installs (and works) in Win2K....

Reply to
Robert Baer

You are correct that it is named 2.7. There has never been a 2.07.

For some people it may be necessary to point out that the releases are numerically sorted by individual fields, not alphabetically or by numeric value when seen as a fractional value. So while a recent version is

2.40 or so, in an alphabetically sorted list it would be before the 2.7 that you have. Therefore some people prefer to number them like 2.07 to reduce that confusion. Seamonkey does not do that. So, Seamonkey versions are like this: 2.1 2.2 ... 2.7 ... 2.9 2.10 2.11 ... 2.40 2.41
Reply to
Rob

It is time that you upgrade or replace that machine, especially when you want to run an internet web browser on it.

It is also possible to replace the OS by something not in the Windows line and still being maintained, and run a recent Seamonkey on it. How practical that is depends on the specifications of the machine.

Reply to
Rob

Nominally it is called a "white box" meaning any generic mix of stuff: ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, 4G RAM, 500Whatt supply, GeForce

8600 GTS video board (and i DO use both DVI ports via Nvidia drivers from Win2K thru Win7).

So far i has supported all of the WINxxx (Win8, Win10 untried), DOS

2.0-7.1, and OS/2. None of the Linux or Unix variants were tried...

..Which brings me to the nasty question: What version/flavor of Linux has/allows a windows/like gooie, and more important will run CorelDraw 9, Nero6, MS Office 2003, Acrobat

4.05, an MP4 player, something very much like Process Explorer, and a goodly bunch of DOSsie programs? Oh yes, the HD FORMATs allowed should be FAT32, NTSF for compatibility sake.
Reply to
Robert Baer