SAV541 data for Win

OK, blew one up. Gate grounded, power supply through 1K to drain.

V I

2.5 0.3 uA

5 0.7

6 1.3

7 2

10 20

11 62

12 608

12.6 died

I plan to use them around 5.5 or 6, so it looks OK.

Must have blown the gate out. The available current was only 12 mA.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What are those voltages, too high to be gate voltage. And you're supposed to keep the drain under 6 volts.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Source and gate grounded, voltage applied to drain through 1K. HiZ DVM on the drain itself.

I can't blow it up if I keep the drain under 6 volts! I might want to run at 6.5, almost exactly half the fatal voltage. Half is good.

I think I already posted some gate stuff. Here it is again:

Those numbers, and the better-than-usual-RF-part data sheet, give a pretty good picture. Nice part for $1.55.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

The MiniCircuits data sheet shows the parts leveling off to a more constant-current slope (high Rds-on) at higher currents, just like most any mosfet. The knee seems to be around half a volt Vds or so, coincidentally near the gate voltage. I didn't push it too hard and maybe fry my fet.

It looked pretty constant-ohmic up to 100 mA.

If the RF boys would put more DC and time-domain stuff on their data sheets, they might sell more parts. Spice models would be great too.