Sallen-Key input Z

I've never kept "open bins" of SMT parts. Seems rather dangerous. We either keep them in the tape or in envelopes (or both).

The tweezer LCR meters work well. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I thought this looked interesting:

Les Cargill
Reply to
Les Cargill

How about a handheld USB camera attached to a little suction grabber?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

On a sunny day (Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:53:28 -0800 (PST)) it happened John Miles wrote in :

I have washed away several cups of coffeee as precaution.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (6 Dec 2012 03:34:42 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote in :

Now there is a nice idea. Have to make one.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

To get the part back, or out of irrational fear of ingesting a nice safe RoHS part?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Thu, 06 Dec 2012 01:50:13 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

I use REAL solder, called 60/40, and often it already has some on it. Sometimes you get interrupted, and had the part sitting on the table, come back, nowhere to be found..... Bit of air flow perps... I am getting better at not losing parts, but also I got a new load of SMDs from ebay. So thing happen... Ayways, 60/40 is almost finished, have to get some new, maybe use rohs for christmas(only). Think it is upstairs next to the plutonium.. ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Ingesting is of no general consequence. Breathing it into your lungs could be an entirely different matter. ...Jim Thompson

I'd think maybe the image onscreen would shake a lot.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

That's a thought. Any comments on vacuum pencils vs. tweezers for SMT assembly and rework?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I used vacuum "pencils" on my hybrid production line to place microchips 42 years ago. Most of my resistors were thick film, but we occasionally used thin-film _chip_ resistors (SiCr over SiO2 over Si).

I really like the vacuum "pencils". We had Teflon nozzles to avoid metalization scratching. ...Jim Thompson

I've never used vacuum pencils but the usual problem with tweezers is gunk. Flux makes 'em sticky and they don't want to let go of small parts. Alcohol works to clean them, to a point.

The other problem is people trying to bend wire or pick up screws with my tweezers. Hide 'em.

Reply to
krw