S'ware to gen complex FM?

Mathematica can generate things like that.

If you want you can toss me mail and we can discuss a trial so you can see if it will do what you want. Then you can send me a file with numeric data of your digitized modulating signal or possibly some supported sound file format, we can agree on the mathematics, I'll import your data into Mathematica and and export the result either as numeric data or as some supported sound file to send back to you.

Reply to
Don Taylor

You don't mean "complex." You mean arbitrary. I had to read your post three times to figure out what you meant. I was thinking complex in the sense of complex numbers. I thought you wanted to do some kind of quadrature modulation or something.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any simple end-user software that would allow you to do this, but .wav files are pretty easy to play with. It probably wouldn't be that hard to write a program that could modulate two ..wav files together.

If you have matlab (or are willing to buy it), it would REALLY be simple, since it can read .wav files in directly, and the modulation might only be a few lines of code in matlab.

Good luck!

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Depending on your needs this sounds as it is not hard to write in whatever language you want.

while true: read input value scale input value according to wanted deviation add input value to phase add constant to phase phase > 2 * pi: phase =- 2 * pi ouput = sin(phase)

The value of constant determines the ration of 'carrier' and output sample rate.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

You could also use Scilab, it's free.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I am looking for a commercial software package that will allow me to generate a single frequency and then frequency modulate it with a _complex_ signal.

Both signals are within the audio range.

For example, generate a 10KHz sine or squarewave and frequency modulate it with a voice signal. Control of deviation would be a plus.

Audio editors, such as Audition and CoolEdit only allow FM by one of the three basic waveforms.

Has anyone seen something that will do the job, other than hardware?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Myers

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:10:45 +1100, Ken Myers wroth:

Linear Technology's free LTSpice program will do all that and more. I was simulating a 100 Hz "carrier" modulated with a 1 KHz "signal" with it yesterday.

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer