S'ware Generated Sinewaves for Motor Drive

the point is to make sure everyone does something illegal so that if they get out of line they can be destroyed.

also if you can pile up a number of offenses that add up to a life time in prison and then offer a few years for pleading guilty most people will take it and you don't to go trough hassle of proving anything

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Or if you support the other political party, or don't play ball in some other way. Arbitrary rule is tyranny however you pitch it.

They got Capone on income tax evasion. But at least that was a violation of an actual statute.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Selective enforcement is incredibly dangerous to freedoms. Especially coupled with data and metadata that is retained indefinitely, and tools that allow the data to be mined with pinpoint precision- think instant retroactive harassment capability. It's the old argument of intent vs. capability. If the capability is there, it will likely be used, so it must be protected against.

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Siemens is really just another multinational. The US was already dumb, it's just gotten dumber.

The PLC market seems pretty *PHENOMENALLY* dumb from where I sit; a high school kid with a RasPi already has a better computer.

But the use case for them doesn't require the thing to be very good.

It's a demonstration of Public Choice Theory. Big ole pile of ... careerism.

Not really. And if it were not for Andy Grove, they wouldn't have much there at all.

Cool. Good for them.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

I think it's sufficient to note that all formalism is inadequate to describing complex things. There's no need for paranoia when it's just the usual Stupid in play.

And we all do it; we all need our quantum of dumb*ss.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

On a sunny day (Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:16:23 -0500) it happened Les Cargill wrote in :

Well, I worked close with the PLC guys, specifically Siemens in the late nineties. I can tell you there is a lot more to big PLCs controlling factories than just a Raspberry Pi. There is a h*llofalot of hardware interfacing that comes with it, for some I signed. Often lives depend on it, and multi-million dollar equipment.

Not correct, if a factory process has to stop because of a PLC program error or hardware error then that costs money. It can also mean the destruction of product,

WTF is Grove? :-) Notayahoo will build new settlements even if 0bombma says he shoot not.

Yep.

I was reading China has 1.4 trillion dollars in capital and Japan the same... If they ever get along together they can buy every senator in Wash-Inkt-on and put Xi in the white house.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Don't worry, quite a bit of effort is being expended to ensure that doesn't happen any time soon.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I thought that this was part of the Cold War history (e.g. COCOM), in which you had to design out any US made components to sell your systems all over the world.

Is this is still really the case that you have to design out components and subsystems that are made in politically unstable/umreliable countries like the US, Russia and China ?

Reply to
upsidedown

I think they made all of their "friends" implement very similar rules, though sometimes slightly less strict. I have seen brochures for European military products that proudly boast that the product is entirely free from US technology, so presumably this makes things simpler in some respect for customers or system integrators. From what I have read, the European regulations mostly seem to require licences in much the same set of circumstances as in the US. Perhaps the difference is that you apply to different people for the licence. This may or may not make a difference, I guess.

Reply to
Chris Jones