RS485/422 Isolated Network

Hello All, Could you validate the following assumption(s) on isolated network implementation

1) An isolated RS485/422 Comport can connect to the none- isolated network.

2) Having more than one isolated comport will require a separate isolated power source for each of the isolated transceivers

I am new to the isolated design, I would appreciate any feedback or reference.

Regards, Babak

Reply to
Babak

Sure.

Yep, if you have a common PS then you're not isolated, or if the power source does not provide isolation you're not isolated. Our isolated RS-485 products all have an on board DC-DC converter to run the ports.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

All,