RPN Calculators

I really miss my HP41CV. The replacement HP48 is more capable, but it's always been a rocky marriage. :(

Reply to
mpm

They did the right thing. Once.

"Developer kit for HP 20b financial calculator"

"This kit is designed for developers who want to re-purpose the HP 20b and reuse the platform for other purposes."

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
  return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Anybody know if the keys are of the old HP quality ? If they are, I'll order one for sure!

--
Mikko
Reply to

misstep

0001

I have known people that had the tools (provided by HP) to get into the machine code for the 48. Another case where they opened up.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I know I'm a little late, but: HP 48G / GX / G+. They seem to go for $30 to $70 on Ebay. Not quite sure what the differences are, but those were the last models of the "classic" 48. My 48SX from circa 1991 is still chugging along; it's on maybe its third or fourth set of AAAs. They are from before the clue fire went out at HP, so they will keep working for a long time.

I used it at work two years ago to figure out a problem that required a

48-bit word size; a 48-bit number was coming out of an FPGA and then being (incorrectly) converted to a 64-bit number in C. None of the "desktop" calculators I tried, Linux and Windows, 32 or 64 bit, could handle this correctly. The HP can do anything from 1 to 64 bit word size; mine helped me confir that the program was indeed screwing up and what the fix was.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

The 'X' models had expandable memory and the '+' had more memory on board, according to Wiki. I may investigate eBay. Thanks.

I had a problem with binary calculators when doing some 2-D filters in an FPGA. None handled binary fractions properly, with the exception of one app for a Palm Pilot and it wasn't RPN. :-(

Reply to
krw