RF power transistor

I am looking for a replacement for the MRF342 RF transistor. Motorola is no longer making this part and I have not been able to find a suitable substitution. Is there an RF FET that would do a better job?

100-150 MHz. 24Watt, 28Volt operation, 35V max, gain 11db. low cost I prefer a TO220 package but others will do.
Reply to
BBowles

I tried a search in DigiKey and Mouser to no avail. I tried On Semiconductor; nogo, but they had a Google link/search and i tried that; got a link:

It does not look too promising, but it may be better than a kick in the head.

Reply to
Robert Baer

no

i have a spec for a ARF 440 and an ARF 450 from advanced power devices, one is too low freq the other is over the top but i looked on their site and they have quite a lot of transistors to wade through, all the ones i looked at seem to be in the expensive stud package but maybe you can find something, although the two imentioned dont seem to be on there anymore.. i gave up as the site started to get very slow.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin