Reverse recovery antiparallel diodes not that important in a hull bridge SMPS?

From my crude analyis it looks like the reverse recovery of the antiparallel diodes the full bridge mosfets are not that critical at all.

When the upper left FET and bottom right FET turns on, current flows from left to right through the transformer primary. During the dead time (500nS) the freewheeling current flows through the diodes of the bottom left FET and the upper right FET. An the alternate cycle, the bottom left FET and upper right FET turns on and reverse the current flow through the primary.

It appears that the free wheeling currents are flowing in the diodes of the same FETS that will turn on after the dead band. In this case, no reverse recovery shoot through is caused by the sudden switching of the diode from forward conduction to reverse bias.

Any flaws in this analysis? I've always seen the mosfets bypassed with a better speced diode for reverse recovery and Vf in full bridge power supplies.

This is for a hard switching application. and topology similar to this one running at 150KHz

I do know that reverse recovery is a BIG issue in the output rectifiers but I'm only talking about the MOSFET freewheeling diodes now.

The mosfets I'm looking at now have a 500nS reverse recovery. Most good diode can easily get below 50nS.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

el

0nS)