Resistive Touch Panels: Resistance

Hello,

i have measured the resistance of touchscreens from 7" tft displays. I have seen displays with 780K/260K (X/Y) and 760R/250R (X/Y).

I see as a advantage of the low resistance ones, that the denoising caps are quickly charged, while the high resistance ones need lots of time due to the high impedance voltage divider formed by the pressed touch panel. On the other side, the current flowing through the touch panel is much higher with the low resistance ones, but usually the current is flowing only a short time for measurement.

Does one know other advantages/disadvantages? Do the lower resistance ones swallow more light? Are the resistance differences between X and Y foils because of the different path lengths? Or are there other reasons for this?

Thanks!

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Koepf