Report and a belated note of appreciation

Earlier this year, I posted a question about the directional accuracy of branded IR LEDs, the Vishay TSAL6100 in particular. This was because I had been having alignment problems with no-name LEDs bought from local shops. I'd found that such LEDs project their beams in directions several degrees off their physical axes. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that my project involved _two_ parallel IR beams with an LED and a sensor housed in the same box. Two such boxes face each other with the beams going in opposite directions. Like this -

LED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rx

Rx

Reply to
Pimpom

How pleasant, and refreshing, to read comments from a real gentleman.

Thank _you_ , sir.  :-)
Reply to
John Fields

Yes, and for some hundreds of dollars, there is a seminar about sensors and sensor technology somewhere.

I just got an email about it from NASA Tech Briefs. It's at The Sheraton, Boston, MA Oct 10-12 $1295 for all three days.

Reply to
SoothSayer