replacing relays with TRIAC

hai,

i have got a project in power electronics.I have only theoretical knowledge in power electronics.I want to raplace a 10A relay with a semiconductor device. The relay is used to operate a 2000W lamp. Iam decided to replace the relay with TRIAC. But i don't know the gate driving ckt and the snubber ckt designs.Please help me... raseel

Reply to
raseel

GE SCR Manual, 6th edition.

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y01Y6088791Y3278944/qid%3D1103478513/102-4622536-6548955
Reply to
John Fields

Look for ap notes at triac manufacturer's web sites.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Fred Bloggs