Rental electronics device

There are legal issues there too--some software outfits have gotten into trouble that way, by doing things that caused harm disproportionate to the wrong done. Having a battery die is probably much more defensible legally, but of course free legal advice is worth what you paid for it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

So check case law. I see no problem with it. If I go buy 101 feet of rope in a package marked "100 feet", and someone is injured because I needed 110 feet, I'm going to look pretty stupid suing the guy who sold me more than he said he would.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

legislation as the fault

Class action suit?

Hmmm. No.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Depending on what it is, your analogy may or may not apply. A floodlight? Probably fine. A pacemaker recharger? Not so much.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, kinda. Is there any good reason not to ask for a deposit before delivering the device? If the customer forgets to return the instrument, it doesn't hurt you financially. It could be as simple as a credit card slip...

Reply to
whit3rd

I didn't think of that.

Thanks!