Relpy to Don: On The Origin Of Oil

On a sunny day (Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:50:45 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

That may be so. But was it done? Imagine the planet with a temperature in the hundreds of degrees C. Volcanism everywhere, all those gases are making up the atmosphere - next

continued - an other assumption brought as a fact, you were not there, the earth simply slowly cooled and the atmosphere CONDENSED, no mysterious defeat of gravity to send it to some other planet! Occam's!!!!!

They checked for damage on the hull, and very likely of the turbine blades (first thing). There was none, no stuff on the windshields either. At that speed you *would* notice.

It is just probably a few guys at EURO CONTROL bribed by competing US airlines :-) LOL Well that is conspiracy theory, not sure about that one, but some moron looking at a simulation written by somebody who thought he could model the real world. Hey, me, and probably you, have written simulators. They only picture what you put in as knowledge, and have your programming errors and concessions on top.

Oh come on, pilots will notice.

Yes but that was a REAL ash cloud, like flying into a cloud with visibility zero. All hype to refer to that, just like the Al Quada under your bed stuff, and checking your nail polish remover for TNT or whatever,

Wow, I never went that far up north....

Well I am in the north of the Netherlands, on the coast, between here and Iceland is only water, north pole is next stop. And I have not only not seen any ash, has been raining last nigh, there is none on the ground now either. There was supposed to be a large military international airforce exercise here, now I just hear the first jets taking of... days later. Probably they were playing ping-pong to keep in shape.

Would have been a good time for the enemy to invade :-)

I have a security cam running looking west, I did noticed how bright the sky still was a 21:30 in the evening with nice colored clouds, but only because I was looking for ashes, maybe still be on disk, no ashes though.

We need to measure stuff, and based on that make a decision, not in some dark room decide on a simulation.

It is almost like the KNMI weather report here: Rain 90 % - look out of the window - no cloud in sight! They do that all the time, they do not look, they never go outside, their building has no windows, all they have is a super computer and their simulations. Should be bombed TODAY.

Sure, flying has a risk, so is driving a car, be it a Toyota with brown out on the board computer when you press the gas causing a power dip, for which they replace floor mats... holy shit, what a world. Osama B L a relative of the Saudi King friend of 'GW Bush the Murder' killing the oil competition in Iraq by flying into the twin towers to create an excuse to bomb Iraq and help the mill and security industry. Planet of the apes... I have been thinking that this is very much like the old times when dinosaurs were still around fighting each other, human nature has evolved and what goes goes, the strongest ones survive. The 'good' and 'bad' is not to be found there. No morals.

rare.

Hehe LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not only done it is pretty well routine analysis these days. Most oil companies do it to check the oil quality of new wells. The isotopic signature of life is omni present. There are a handful of methane deposits that might possibly be abiogenic but that is all.

You probably don't get life until you have liquid water around so in the early days almost all the oxygen was locked up in simple compounds like water, CO2 and silica. Earth initially had a reducing atmosphere. It was only when life and photosynthesis really got going that oxygen as a by product accumulated and iron salts came out of solution as oxides.

defeat of gravity

What are you talking about? Without a magnetic field around the Earth the solar wind can ionise and gradually tear off the upper atmosphere as it has done to Mars.

As it is we only lose hydrogen, helium and mere traces of the rest. Except during pole reversals when a bit of atmosphere may escape. The atmosphere always fluffs up at solar maximum - that was what brought SkyLab crashing down early.

(first thing).

Several F16 and F18 are in for expensive engine repair as we speak.

:-) LOL

errors and concessions on top.

There is nothing wrong with the met office weather simulation the dust clouds are there. Places in the UK have had dust landing on the ground.

You can't easily see concentration levels that will cause engine damage. The first flight BA009 knew of the ash cloud they entered was a display of St ELmos fire and a sulphurous smell in the cabin. 5 minutes later they had all four engines fail.

zero.

checking your nail polish remover for TNT or whatever,

Whilst I agree there is an element of risk averse over reaction involved here it is not clear to me how you can allow civilian airliners that are not equipped to detect and avoid these ash clouds to fly in contaminated airspace. SO2 detection or blue light backscatter might be usable.

still was a 21:30 in the evening

still be on disk, no ashes though.

The scattering pattern will tell you about the particulate material in the air. There was a fair amount on Friday over me.

room decide on a simulation.

They have research planes flying sorties into the ash cloud to test it. The problem is with the aeroengine manufacturers zero tolerance of ash.

To some extent it is also "the wrong sort of fine dust" produced when magma hits ice and detonates producing a lot of fine sharp particles. They stay in the air longer and they are at cruising altitude for intercontinental flights not a nice combination.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:28:56 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

defeat of gravity

Funny thing is, on MARS the water vapour *condensed* and is now everywhere buried under just a bit of sand. If mars had volcanism in the past, and it looks that way, the same processes (condensation of that oily atmosphere) may have happened there *in spite of* there (possibly) being not enough life to create your type of molecules, and then oil may be or mars too, not too deep. A good reason to go there and drill there, in places where THIS theory predicts it will be. But hell they look in all the wrong places for life too, not to upset the pope perhaps. The first Viking experiments were positive for life:

Follow link on bottom to Dr Levin's site.

A heavy atmosphere, with all those hydrocarbons can, in my view, not possibly be 'pushed away' by a bit of solar wind.

As far as the oily companies and their search for oil goes, they seem to have very little of a clue, as the oil price is so high because of 'peak oil' and the stuff being so 'scarce'. They are simply looking in the wrong places, possibly deliberately. The last because the next big finds will happen as soon as present fields are about to be exhausted. This is a future prediction, 'you will see' but then you will probably explain that in other ways, maybe aliens pumped down a reservoir of their own as truck stop for their interplanetary travels.

(first thing).

The Fins are a lot closer, probably flew through the stuff.

Yes UK seems to have a much better grasp of the weather, I look at their sat images every morning:

KNMI nonsense is the LAST thing I will look, if all other weather sites are down.

Lufthansa (Germany) has flown test flights on different altitudes to different destinations, inspected engines and other parts of the aircraft, and found *NOTHING*.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje