Relay Bounce

Well, if you can no longer swing a 2"x12", use whatever you can still lift. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

...and then burn the scraps (I love the smell of copper arsenate in the morning - NOT)

Reply to
Oppie

Are Mercury wetted contacts still used? That was one way to keep low energy (non - arcing) contacts from bouncing.

Reply to
Oppie

What scraps?

Michael A. Terrell

s no

gy

Digi-Key still seems to list them.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Spehro Pefhany a écrit :

Any reference?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

It was quite a while ago. Maybe these ones:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany a écrit :

Thanks.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Then you should use a 2" x 3.236"

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

As one who's never used a relay before in anything critical I come up with a dumb question...

Do relays "bounce" when they are OPENING enough to re-contact?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Relays bounce when you close a contact. If you have a situation where this will cause a problem, put a capacitor across the contacts or buy a mercury wetted relay for really sensitive situations.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

I don't think they bounce when opening, but for sure, the arc is there, especially with reactive loads.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net