Refurb blog updated

Hello Bob,

If you are serious about it, consider two EL34' tubes for the output stage > and don't screw around with 6AQ5's. The amount of work is nearly the same > and when you are through you'll have a much better amp.

Or if you are really serious about it, take even bigger tubes. One amp I built had an array of PL519, probably the equivalents to the 6KD6. That amp produces a lot of oomph. One twang on the guitar and the rafters shook.

Regards, Joerg

Don Lancaster

Looks more like a pay-per-click spectacular. Think I'll pass...

Kurt

Clean your glasses and look again. I believe you can click on a link to advertise as a Banner Advertiser or Synergetics Partner. You're not required to do that to read any content on the website. And other than that, all content on that page is free as far as I can tell. And worth reading. (Possibly you're getting a problem because all the articles are in .pdf format, and you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Or the latest version of the Reader might be your problem. Or your browser might be infected with something.)

I have _never_ read _anything_ written by Mr. Lancaster that wasn't a good investment of time, and have paid for several of his books and always felt I've gotten more than my money's worth. I've still got his Active Filter Cookbook in the back of my desk drawer in case of emergencies. It's held together with a rubber band, because the paperback binding glue gave out long before its usefulness. I've also bought many magazines over the years where his articles (the old Hardware Hacker columns) were the best reason (and toward the end just about the only reason) to buy the magazine.

I got a tip on Tek 2213 scopes I wish I'd known years ago from Mr. Lancaster's refurb article. Also, he said something about 465s I'd like to try next time I've got one open.

Get an old copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader and take a look around the tinaja.com website, if you're open to learning something. It's nearly all free, too.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Beter yet, combine a new and free Acrobat 7 reader with a LCD display. The legibility is now MUCH BETTER than a printed page!

But be sure the display is in its native mode at highest res and that the Cool Type and Smooth Text reader options are activated. Sadly, these superb subpixel techniques will ---> NOT

Reply to
Don Lancaster

Looks more like GuruSpam to me.

Ed