Redefining Temperature

I found this interesting, hope others do to.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Is "dilute ultrapure argon gas" an oxymoron?

tm

Reply to
tm

It's diluted with vacuum. A frothy substance made of quantum foam. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

And not all that much of that compared to normal air.. the measurements were made around one atmosphere if I read the paper correctly.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It's enough quantum foam to curve space-time and continually change its geometry. Nothing to sneeze at. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Yet ANOTHER goddamn popup! How can one block that shit?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Are you talking about a rabid dog???

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yah, quantum foam spores are more numerous this year than before..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Ghostery, I think, cause I didn't see it. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

You're not using firefox with NoScript?

Also use Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Web of Trust, and ForceTLS but they don't apply to that page.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

From 5 digits (273.16 kelvins) they derive a value with 9 digits (Boltzmann constant = 1.38065156 (98) X 10^-23). Does the logarithmic relationship of the Boltzmann constant make that mathematically valid?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The triple point of water is taken to be exactly 273.16000... kelvins, just as an inch is exactly 2.54000... cm.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

the triple point of wather is, by defintion, precisely 273.16K they're not starting from 5SF

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I get that, but... if water behaves that way, I would have thought it would do so over some range, however small, maybe depending on pressure.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

the pressure is constrained by the triple point aparatus, because it contains only water.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Nothing I mentioned doesn't work.

Firefox with NoScript would solve your problem with that web page. The other add-ons are strongly recommended but are not relevant to that page.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Not so hot..the link FORCES an install. I take great exception to DictatorWare. How about something else?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Huh??? Use something that does not work?

Reply to
Robert Baer

The triple point as the name say is really a "point" in pT space. Therefore it is not dependent on pressure.

--
Reinhardt Behm
rb@rbehm.de

What gibberish is this? What link? From where? I certainly never experienced any such thing. How is it the you seem to find the scamware sites so well instead of the real thing?

?-?

Reply to
josephkk