Real good live persistent USB OS

Wow. Best Live USB stick OS I have had yet. UNHACKABLE! (so far)

It is a BSD

Best auto HDw detect I've seen and plays 5 GB hi res movie files flawlessly.

Jumped right on the net after I chose the path and gave the pass.

NomadBSD

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

BSD runs rather resplendently on a Raspberry Pi too:

And BSD makes good use of the greater raw horsepower available on any old discarded PC or laptop.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

In the Macintosh world, bootable externals (USB and Firewire 20 years ago, lightning etc. today) have always been available, but it's a nuisance to remember which data and programs and documents are where.

As multiple data-breach reports remind us, the cloud is not a perfect solution either.

For keeping things straight in the memory of the user, virtual machines aren't helpful, either. Main-machine (or three) and sidekick backup disk still works out well, though. In theory, I could keep multiple OS'es (versions matter) on a single disk, but that just gets almost as confusing as virtual machines.

Reply to
whit3rd