Re: Voltage -Divider Biased transistor circuit

i am trying to find resistors values R1 and R2 in a voltage divider

> biased transistor circuit. > the following info is given: Vcc=+24 volts, Rc=680 > ohms(collector),Re=47ohms(emitter).

How many mA current?

--
.
Reply to

RR302

That will give you the voltage across the emitter resistor. Add about 0.1 volts to that and that's where the base voltage should be. That's your starting point.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Late at night, by candle light, "Homer J Simpson" penned this immortal opus:

Uh, germanium transistor?

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

What part of "starting point" did you fail to understand?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Um, 0.6 would be a better guess.

John

Maybe a Germanium Schottky ;-)

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

Jfet near Idss?

Somebody recently introduced a sort of floating-gate mosfet where gate threshold voltage can be factory programmed to be above zero (enhancement region) or below (depletion) or very close to zero (which I don't have a name for.)

John

Used to be called "depletion-enhancement". Of course, that was before you could buy depletion enhancers on the Internet.

Cheers,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Hobbs